This website supports and is devoted to the Ancient Order of Hibernians, Dennis Collins Division 1, located in Newport, RI. We welcome all who are interested in Irish Catholic culture and heritage. We invite all Catholics of Irish birth or descent to seek membership to the finest Irish Catholic Organization in the World — we would ask that of you embrace our motto of: “Friendship, Unity, and Christian Charity”.
This site provides a public section and a 'Members Only' section. We include links to other National and local Irish organizations in the Newport and Providence area. These organizations may not be directly affiliated with the Ancient Order of Hibernians but share many common interests. The listing of their websites and their events are provided as a courtesy to them and as a convenience to our visitors.
While practicing friendship, unity and Christian charity, we will work to strengthen and defend our Roman Catholic faith, our loyalty to our country, and our communities; and perpetuate the religion, history, culture and traditions of our Irish heritage.
Friday October 7th.
- The October Monthly Meeting will meet Friday October 7th at 7:30 pm at Hibernian Hall.
- Tim Mills Fund Raising for NEARI 840 charities
- NESRI Local 840 are selling commemorative challenge coins honoring their fallen brother, Newport Harbormaster Tim Mills. Profits from these sails will be split between the Harbor Masters gardening fund and NEARI 840 Charities.
- If Interested in purchasing a coin, they are $10.00 and are available by contacting Sully at 401-846-5081 or by emailing Dennis@newportirish.
Charlie Masterson has graciously donated a virtual picture frame that he would like to place at the hall and intends to fill it with pictures of our division’s veterans both current and deceased.
Please reach out to Charlie Masterson (contact info below) to submit pictures or if you have any questions, or to volunteer to help with this.
HIBERNIAN HALL HOURS OF OPERATION
Message from the Division President
Masking is not required for those that are fully vaccinated but recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated.
Operating hours starting in June are Saturday and Sunday: 3 pm - closing at 10pm.
Monday through Friday: 4:00 pm - closing at 10 pm as business warrants.
The lounge bar is open with seating available at the bar as well as tables.
Party and event reservations can be made by contacting Bill Barrett at 401-847-8671.
Ocltober Friday 7th
The September Monthly Meeting will meet Friday October tth at 7:30 pm at Hibernian Hall.
- Please remember those less fortunate and Donate a non-perishable food item during our monthly meeting.
- Kids & Family day at Morton Park
- The day will be for children 12 years and under. We will be working with the LAOH, Newport Police Department and Newport Fire Department to make this a fun filled day for families. There will be various activities, games and challenges.
- Date: September 10th at 11am
- Morton Newport, RI
- For more information: email: J FOWLER
- Tel: 401-264-2360
- Monthly Music Series
- This month's our musical guest is on of Dublin's finest Dave Hickey
- September 15th
- 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Halfway to St. Patrick's Day
- Saturday September 17th
- 12:00 noon to 10 pm
- Hibernian Hall, 2 Wellington Ave.
- LAOH Annual Golf Tournament
- The LAOH Annual Golf Tournament, at the Jamestown Golf Course for Saturday, September 17th, 9:00am shotgun start. This event will happen, rain or shine! We will be raising funds for this event by holding a raffle, as well as to seek sponsorships from local businesses.
The registration fee is $75.00/pp (includes 9 holes of
golf, cart and lunch). Payment must be made in full to secure your spot as we have limited spaces available
- Saturday, September 17th
- Time 9:00 am to 4:00pm
- Jamestown golf course, 245 Canonicus Ave. Jamestown RI
AOH NEWPORT PIPES AND DRUMS
The AOH Newport Pipe and Drums Band is seeking to expand its membership. We welcome all individuals interested in promoting the performance of traditional Irish bagpipe music.
Those interested should contact Michael O’Conner or attend one of our band practice sessions; held at Hibernian Hall on Tuesday evenings. Our practices start at 7:00 pm. The Band offers musical instruction. No musical experience is necessary just a willingness to learn.
The deadline for this year's AOH scholarship requests was reached on May31st.
Questions should be directed to David Kerins firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual dues remain the same as the past two years. ($120). For your convenience, we have added the VENMO option for you to pay your dues. Dues may be paid via the VENMO app by making your payment to: @AOHNEWPORTRI.
All dues and donation questions can be directed to our Financial Secretary, Dave Kane.
The email address is: email@example.com
Our mailing address is:
2 Wellington Avenue,
Newport, RI 02840
The requirements for becoming a designated Life Member are 20 consecutive years of membership in good standing, being at least 65 years old and having made your Major Degree.